FAQ's Intuitive Eating PRO Skills Teleseminar Training & Certification
- Does the Intuitive Eating Skills teleseminar series count toward continuing education for registered dietitians?
- Does the Group or Individual Supervision count toward continuing education for registered dietitians?
- How Can I Become a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor?
- What professions are considered as an allied health professional?
- What is Supervision?
- Where can I get more details about becoming a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor?
1. Intuitive Eating Skills teleseminar series provides 6 hours and meets these learning codes:5200 Disordered Eating, 5370 Weight Management, 5460 Self-care managment, 6000 EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND COUNSELING, 6010 Behavior change theories, techniques,6020 Counseling, therapy, and facilitation skills, 6030 Education theories and techniques for adults, 6040 Education theories and techniques for children and adolescents, 6050 Instructional materials development, 6060 Learning needs assessment, learning plan development, and evaluation, 6070 Interviewing and listening skills, 6080 Training, coaching, and mentoring.
2. Group supervision series, provides 4.5 hours and meets these learning codes:6020 Counseling, therapy, and facilitation skills, 6070 Interviewing and listening skills, 6080 Training, coaching, and mentoring.
3. Become a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor--There are three core requirements: 1) Completing and passing Helm Publishing's Self-Study Intuitive Eating Course 2) Completion of Evelyn Tribole's Intuitive Eating PRO Teleseminar training course and 3) Completion of three supervision/coaching sessions with either Elyse Resch or Evelyn Tribole.The details are described below.
1). Helm Publishing Self-Study Intuitive Eating Course & Exam. This is a self-study program administered by Helm Publishing, which is based on the Intuitive Eating book, Intuitive Eating audio coaching book by Sounds True, and a full-day workshop CD training that Elyse and Evelyn facilitated for health professionals.This is an independent study on your own schedule and includes passing a 172 question multiple-choice exam.Course fee is $295.
See website for more information: http://bit.ly/HelmIntuitiveEating
Customer Service: 940-497-3558
Toll Free to place orders: 877-560-6025Email: email@example.com
2). Tribole's Intuitive Eating PRO Teleseminar Training: This is a 6-week live training program with Evelyn Tribole, which focuses on the process of facilitating Intuitive Eating, and can be accessed via phone, skype, or webcast. This training includes a set of 21-client worksheets ($129 value) and full text studies.Each session is recorded and you are provided a link to the mp3 recording for your personal use. Course fee is $315 or $350 (without early registration).
See website for more information: http://bit.ly/IEPROteleseminar
3) Supervision/Coaching. Completion of three sessions of supervision/coaching with either Elyse Resch or Evelyn Tribole,
- a)Supervision with Elyse via three individualized 45 minute in-person or telephone sessions ($150 each) or three 90 minute in-person group sessions ($100 each)
- b)Supervision with Evelyn via three individualized 45 minute in-person or telephone sessions ($150 each) or three 90 minute telephone group supervision ($100 each).
You can download the following documents for more details:
If your profession is not listed below please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acupuncturists, Allied Health Professionals, Certified Personal Trainers, Certified Wellness Coaches, Chiropractors, Dentists, Educators, Marriage Family Counselors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Physicians, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Registered Dietitians, Social Workers, Speech Therapists, and Yoga Therapists.
5. What is Supervision? In general, supervision is a coaching and mentoring process, which increases your competence and skill level, through a collaborative process. Having two minds digest the details of your situation provides insights that may have been missed without that collaboration. It's a process driven by your own client cases and situations. The focus is about understanding the Intuitive Eating dynamics and deepening your knowledge about the process, to ultimately become more effective working with your clients.